Saturday, January 25, 2014

Socratic Seminar

Yesterday's Socratic Seminar was pretty cool and interesting. I like how a s a class we got to discuss how the "Left Hand Of Darkness" as one whole big class. This was a good activity that got many people talking and asking questions abut this book. Even though I did not participate I know what to expect if we do another one of these. Yes I do regret not speaking yesterday. I should said a little something, but I did not. I also liked how as class we were asking very good questions about the book. This type of an activity you have to participate and announce your feelings about whatever the topic we are talking about as a class. For the next semester I hope we do another one these kind's of activities. I really did enjoy this and the other flip side is that I got a better understanding of the book. I know if we do another Socratic Seminar as a class I will have to participate and just ask questions about whatever it is we are talking about as a class. All and all fun day yesterday in fourth period.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Ryan!

    The Seminar was an interesting event! I also had a better understanding of the book, and listening to the others speak made me realize some things I didn't pick up. I like listening to others' views, and I don't really find a need to speak because I feel the same way or have anything else to add on or debate, so I just stay quiet. There were a few times I tried to speak but there was always someone with something more interesting to say. I regret not being more assertive; I think I could have added some more insight on some things we were a little stuck on. Sad face...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you! I feel the seminar was extremely interesting and quite complex. I got a better understanding of the book from hearing my fellow classmates discuss their thoughts. I enjoy listening to others opinions and I like to give my own opinion. This was the first one we did and it turned out very well. The next one we do will be even better, and I am looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.