I just wanted to discuss Audre Lorde and her article we had to read. She really opened up my eyes to problems that we are surrounded by but don't pay attention to. I never realized how many people face the same problems she did. I find it very inspirational that she was brave enough to speak up, which made a difference in many individuals lives. Hopefully your mindsets changed after discussing and reading her article. :)
I as well was made aware of these problems by Lorde. Gathered that I have in the past struggled with them, I understood how powerful these injustices were, but what I didn't understand was the difficulty for a lot of people to speak out as she has. I had it easy because I have a strong will and honestly don't like to be left out of the loop. After reading this, I relate well with Audre Lorde. I do think my mindset is changed because now I understand why some people are the way they are instead of judging them because they won't speak up. Thanks Dakota!
ReplyDelete