Wednesday, March 26, 2014

research topic

While attempting to decide what my research topic was going to be, I had a difficult time understanding what had to be done. I came up with a topic but I am not sure its worthy enough or if I can find enough information to successfully complete this assignment. I have many questions and I feel sort of stressed out regarding this. Hopefully I am not the one struggling. If anybody can give me some insight I would appreciate it greatly.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry Dakota, you're not the only one who is struggling and stressed. I feel a little doubtful about my food topic because I didn't hear anybody who is doing almost anything remotely the same. And since we have to do the annotated bibliography it is stressing me out even more. I'm sure that it will give me a lot of information on my topic but it will also take a lot of time to do especially since I've never done one before. Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one stressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'e definitely not alone. I actually had a lot of trouble settling on a topic at the beginning as well. I thought it would be pretty easy to choose a topic to write about since our unit is so broad, but what made it more difficult was thinking about whether or not there would be accurate sources that I could get information from. The Google Scholar was okay, but it usually only gave me scientific journals, and it didn't let you view the whole thing, so I wouldn't suggest that too much. But what really helped me choose a topic was the discussions we were having in class while we were watching Food Inc. I guess all you can really do is find something that you think would interest you and research it a little before you actually decide to stick with it. If its not interesting, the essay is going to be that much harder. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure everyone was confused in the beginning and honestly I'm still kind of indecisive about my topic. I actually made up the research question that I told Ms. Fletcher when she asked everyone what their topic is. I'm fine now though and I think my research topic is okay it's just I'm too lazy to start writing the essay. I also agree with Isabella because the discussions we had in class and the videos we watched actually helped me find what topic interest me the most. Anyways I hope you find an interesting topic. Good luck (:

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.