Thursday, April 10, 2014

Efficiency and Sanitation

For many this topic of good food bad food is also tied into the treatment of the animal when it is slaughtered. The “inhumane” process it goes through. Not being allowed to be free before they are killed or any of the other methods that they go through while being processed. Before I say anything about my opinion on the matter, I must make one point clear. Whether or not the procedures are moral or humane is none of my concern. It may be for others but I completely disregard it. The name of the game is efficiency. To supply the growing population with the appropriate food supply is no easy task. Whatever methods must be used for efficiency should; the one thing they should not sacrifice for efficiency however is the health of the consumer. Now as to whether the procedures they go through are unhealthy for us I think some of them are. Well at least allowing the animal to sit in their own dung seems completely unhealthy for us. There should be a way to dispose of their excess material as to not contaminate the meat. This is an irresponsible decision by the corporations. They put the health of the consumer at risk because they do not wish to invest in finding cleaner methods of mass production. This is should not be allowed. And the inspectors who only come once in a blue moon are a joke. There are many aspects of the food industry that are to be judged, yet the morality of it regarding animals should not be taken into matter. Efficiency and the sanitation I find are much more important.

1 comment:

  1. In my head, I feel that I do think as you do, but I know that when it comes down to it, killing an animal the way they do in slaughterhouses would be extremely difficult for me. Although I try not to worry about the morality of killing an animal, it always pops into my head when discussing this. Animals in the wild may be killed all the time, but the aren't raised in such harsh conditions and then slaughtered so horrifically afterwards. So in my opinion we should be concerned with not only the efficiency and sanitation, but also the morality.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.