Thursday, April 3, 2014
Fast Food
Many people these days don't eat healthy. People are too busy or they don't have time to go out to grocery stores and buy heathy food for themselves. Instead they settle for fast food restaurants which is quickly becoming a problem. Fast food restaurants are now becoming the main source of food for people and it is extremely unhealthy. Fast food restaurants are fattening and some people blame fast food for obesity. I do not really believe that fast food is the reason for obesity because people know what they are doing to themselves. Fast food being unhealthy is not a secret, everybody knows that fast food is not healthy at all. The people that put the responsibility on fast food for obesity or being overweight aren't being honest with themselves. I don't think fast food should be blamed because people need to find time to buy or make their own food because it would benefit them more. Instead of getting food faster, people should eat healthier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I completely agree with you Daniel Bereal. It is up to us, the consumers, to make the right choices. It is hard to deny fast food because we are constantly bombarded with signs and advertisements, but it is not impossible. We have the power to make healthy choices, but since fast food is so prevalent in our society, it is easy to put the blame on them and not hold ourselves accountable. Eating healthy can be fast and convenient if we just make the effort and stop making excuses. When I go to college next year as a freshman there will not be very many chances for me to cook. The community kitchen is small and limited in appliances and condiments while the university itself promotes the purchase of dining dollars for the dining halls and fast food available on campus. I like being at home because I get homemade and healthy meals the majority of the time, but that is about to change in the fall. At the college I can choose healthy alternatives for meals, but it is not the same as being able to go out and buy ingredients to cook a nice meal.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, it is not the fast food restaurant's fault, they are just selling their products. It is our fault as consumers for buying into such temptations that happen to be detrimental to our health. If everyone in America could limit themselves on their fast food consumption and rely more on home-cooked meals then everyone would be much healthier.
ReplyDeleteJust as well as my fellow companions above, I do agree with your side of the issue. People are looking for a way out of cooking meals and therefore "fast" food is their alternative. I mean every once in a while considering certain circumstances, fast food is okay but eating it all the time... Anyway people are in denial and should stop blaming quick buck fast food restaurants. A realization of healthy home cooked meals needs to occur.
ReplyDelete