Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Research Project


Doing my research paper has been a bit of a challenge for me recently. I tend to struggle more on research papers for some reason. My topic is cow pooling and how it is cheaper to cow pool than to buy meats at most grocery stores and how it is healthier and tastes better. While writing the essay I have noticed that I am being repetitive in what I am saying. Part of the reason of why this is happening is because when I do my research each website says the same thing. Not being able to find all of the information that I need can be very frustrating and it makes it difficult to write the paper. Even though I am struggling now I would rather struggle and learn now than to go into my freshman year of college and struggle because I think I would not get as much help as I am now.  I also did not know how to use semi colons while writing and now I am becoming better at that as well as becoming a better writer. Hopefully I can find the information that I need to finish this essay and also get better at research projects because I know I need to.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that writing research papers is difficult. I find it hard to balance my ideas and my sources ideas. The majority of my paper contains facts from my sources. The difficult part for me about writing research papers is incorporating some of my ideas and not just summarizing; you have to look at the big picture and tie it in to your paper. We will still probably struggle with writing research papers in college and go through the same phases of "I don't want to do this" and "I hate this paper", but like Mrs. Fletcher said practice will make it easier. In college it will be more manageable because we will all have been through the struggles of writing a research paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with what Daniel is saying. This research paper was not the easiest to write. Even though it was not the easiest to write is was still cool to be able to write a research paper. It was a challenge and I was frustrated at times but all in all I am glad I was able to do really the first one myself.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.