Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Final Product

As I double check and print my research paper, I literally feel like I have gone through a journey.  To be honest, I have actually learned so much about my topic.  I did not know what to expect when we started the "food politics" unit.  I really was not sure if I would like writing about this topic, but in the end, I really benefited from it.  During my junior year, I kept a food and fitness log to keep track of my diet as well as the workouts I did.  I was a huge health activist for myself, but as time went on I would splurge on more fast food and I slowly stopped working out.  Why?  I am not sure myself, but after doing this research paper, it made me regret stopping.

Truth is, I have a family member who is obese and it is terrifying.  When he was in elementary school he would eat excessive amounts of food during each meal, but every day he would throw it up.  He is fifteen year old, being 5'4" and over 300 pounds.  Fortunately, there have not been any uncovered serious health issues, but that does not mean it will never happen.  After everything I have learned through writing this research paper I will definitely talk to my family member about his situation.  Obesity is literally life or death situation, but it is also a situation that could be avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.