Thursday, April 3, 2014

Taking Responsibility

I think one of the problems contributing to obesity is that Americans are blaming the wrong people. People continue to attack fast food companies and junk food corporations for the rise in obesity, but what they keep avoiding is the fact that the people are buying these products. We are the ones going to McDonalds instead of cooking and buying Coke instead of drinking water. No one is forcing us to buy this or eat that; it is our choice. We can continue to attack the corporations all day long, but until we take responsibility for our choices in our eating habits, there can be no significant change in our health. We need to stop justifying ourselves every time we choose a fast food dinner because of our "busy schedule". We can not keep thinking it is okay and that we will make dinner next time. Our health needs to become our number one priority and we need to take responsibility and make the effort to change.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Katie, it's true we are always blaming the fast food companies for selling their products to us. In reality it's our choice on whether we buy them or not. We need to take responsibility in our own choices of the foods we eat without blaming others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Katie, but I can see why some do blame fast food corporations. But I think they're blaming them for ever existing rather than for obesity. I mean, think about it. If McDonald's and Wendy's and Burger King were to shut down, how would the mass react? Obviously there's going to be riots. People depend on these places for their convenience and pricing. I think instead of blaming them for the effect fast food has had on our body, we should embrace it. Embrace then change. Because right now, some consumers are in denial about who to blame for the poor conditions of their health.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.