By the end of this year I hope to become a better writer and I feel like ERW will help me out a lot.
I need to start preparing for college writing courses because as of right now I am not ready. After reading some college level essays, I have realized that my essays seem childish. They are not structured well and I always end up repeating myself. My ideas are never clear and people usually have a hard time understanding me. I don’t want to use ERW as a way of learning grammar, but also as a way to learn how to express my ideas better. I want to learn how to get my message across better using my own voice. I think this class will allow me to do this because of the constant practice we get in the blog, during freewriting, and other assignments. As I write more, I will be able to see what techniques I can use to get my point across because of the constant feedback I am going to get. So far, I have been improving because of the freewriting we do in class. Now I can come up with ideas considerably faster than a month ago. The first time we did freewriting, I only wrote less than a quarter of a page. Now I am able to write at least a whole page and I am able to keep the ideas coming for the entire ten minutes. By the end of this year I want to be able to incorporate the freewriting process into all my essays because I feel that it will help me come up with better ideas. Does anyone else expect ERW to help you in other areas besides grammar?
I am sure that by the end of this year you will find that your writing and thinking processes will be much cleaner if you continue to use the methods we learn in this class. The freewriting will allow a constant flow of new engaging ideas and the more you write the more you will learn how to captivate your audience. It is like Miss Fletcher said about by simply messing with something, you can learn and figure it out. You simply have to keep going and not give up. Don't let the nausea get to you. It is good that you notice the improvements that freewriting has had in your writing in only a single month. Just think about how much more you will obtain from the process by the end of the year. I expect ERW to help me become a better thinker and writer and I am sure neither of us will be disappointed, and we will be grateful for having decided to take this class.
ReplyDelete