Friday, November 1, 2013

I look forward to our time writing in this class. It does not matter to me what topic it is I just like writing in ERW. I know that writing is going to be very useful once I go to college and I do not regret taking this class, but what I am worried about is the possibility that I might not be able to improve myself within the school year. While we write in class I usually look around my table to see how far my classmates are in their prompts and one minute in they are finished with the top half of their page while I just sit there thinking about how I should start writing and planning out how I should go about our prompt. Once our time is up I look around and see that my classmates have gone to the back side of their papers while I'm somewhat close to the bottom. I am thankful that the Peter Elbow Writing With Power presentations came along when they did. After listening to the presentations and taking notes I feel that I could be a better writer once we start writing more in our notebooks. I would have to say that the method that has stuck with me the most has been the dangerous method. I have been using it for most of my assignments across all classes in all years and I have realized that I have been doing it the wrong way. Now I know better than to try to make my assignments perfect and to not over think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.