Friday, November 1, 2013

Goals for the Remainder of the Year For ERW


Now that 25% of the year has gone by ERW has been a pretty good class in my opinion. I like how we have written our personal statements and have gotten feedback on them. I've done all of my work and everything that has needed to be done in the notebook. I believe I did well on my Peter Elbow presentation and the other things as well. The grading system is different, but I think it will be a positive thing in the end because it is based on our participation in the class and how we have improved over the course of the year, semester, or quarter. October was a really busy month and I did not know if I would be able to keep up, but I think I did a good job of keeping up with my work.

            One thing I think I need to improve on is the vocab tests. I have gotten a 70% on both of my vocabulary tests and I am normally good at those types of tests. The difficult part for me is putting the words into the sentences provided for us. The easy part is when she gives us the definition and we just have to find the word, but I struggled on that part on the last vocab quiz. If I can start getting A’s on those types of quizzes I think my grade will be where it should be. There is no way I should be getting a C on a vocabulary test.  

1 comment:

  1. I really like ERWC, also. I only don't completely understand the grading rubric. I get that she has a bunch of people to grade and help with essays. I hope I did well on my presentation. Yes, I like to look at my notecards when I get nervous, but come on... I think that Fletcher is doing the best as possible. The only thing I know I have to improve upon is the vocab squares...I really hate them. I do really well on the tests because I know a lot of the words already and memorize easily. The EPT exam was bizarre almost because the things I got wrong I thought I did well. Other than that, I love this class. Fletcher's randomness is very refreshing. We will get through this together.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.