Friday, November 1, 2013
My Goals For ERW
I have a lot of personal expectations for ERW. After the year is over, I want to be able to say I am an extremely different writer then I was at the beginning of the year. I have never been a strong writer and I feel like I'm not ready for a college level English course. I really would like to work on my grammar and spelling. That has been my weakness for years, and it's been holding me back. What I'm really looking for is a strong structure of grammar and spelling where i can start and move on from there.
Another one of my goals is to became a good annotater. When i read articles and stories, I don't always decode everything or I don't decode it right. I might miss the main point of the story or I miss little hints about the charactor that is key to figuring out the character's conflict of the purpose of the story. This has hurt me on tests. I feel like this is the right class for me and it will help me get to where I want to be with my reading and writing skills, which is to be able to say that I am truly ready for college level couses after I graduate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have a problem similar to yours wherein I feel unsatisfied with my comprehension skills, especially during exams. I have the tendency to misinterpret or over-think the real meaning of a sentence when it usually asks for the answer that is literally in front of my face. This was also proven by my EAP breakdown, depicting that my mistakes came from comprehension questions. Having said this, improving my skills in this area is also one of my goals as an ERW student.
ReplyDelete