Thursday, October 31, 2013
Free writing Love
When Ms Fletcher lets us free write for the first 10 minutes of class, my pencil rarely stops writing unless I am disturbed by a neighbor. I love the freedom of being able to flow things from your mind onto a lined paper with no filter. It lets me right about things that happen in my everyday life. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm writing but I continue to because I know my ideas will all eventually fall into place somehow. Free writing was also one of Peter Elbow's methods which makes it even more significant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I experience that too, it is nice to have some time to write what is on my mind with few guidelines or restrictions. It would be nice if we were to keep that on throughout the whole year. When I free write I look at things in different ways then I did before and when my pen finally leaves the paper I have learned new things about myself.
ReplyDeleteFree writing lets you speak your mind , it allows you to writing with out restraint as Peter Elbow would say. The times Ms. Fletcher allows us to write in your notebooks makes me so happy. Not only do I like to write in class, I enjoy giving myself personal time to write becuase when you write things down it frees up space in your mind to allow new things to flow in.
ReplyDeleteI am also enjoying free writing. At first I hated it and it took me a while to come with ideas to write about. My first couple of freewriting sections were horrible, but as time goes on, I’ve been getting better. When we freewrite, I feel like it’s easier to just keep writing now. Freewriting has become one of my favorite things to do in class.
ReplyDelete