Thursday, October 31, 2013

Self evaluation

I like the idea that we get to ask for a grade that we think we deserve on participation and progress. I feel like I will give myself an honest grade. I mean a lot of people might give themselves a higher grade than they actually deserve though. But generally I'm pretty sure F-dizzle my nizzle (Ms. Fletcher) will set them straight and give them the right grade they deserve.

I feel like if you actually did participate and do try really hard you will get a good grade in the class. Ms Fletcher knows you and will give you the benefit of the doubt for the grades. I also use to tell the grade I thought I deserved in ceramics. I would usually do a really crumby project and ask for a B because I am not very gifted at molding things out of pieces of clay.

The point is, I feel like asking for a grade is a very good method and I like it. It makes you be honest and if you are honest and ask for a good grade you might get it. You might have to back it up with some facts if you are asking for a good grade like B or better. I feel like to prove you deserve to get a good grade you have to point out how you worked hard a lot of the days in class, you got your work done, and you participated in class by giving good ideas and doing the blind read around and actually giving back feedback.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. Whenever I did these kind of things in other classes I did not really pay attention and I would just give myself perfect A's but for whatever reason I actually try to be truthful on these. Whenever I do these self evaluations I feel better and it feels nice to be truthful. The other self evaluations I take are just questions like "What grade do you think you have in this class" or " How well do you think you did on the test". Ms. Fletcher's self evals actually give you a checklist of the assignments due or turned in and a list of goals that I would want to complete. It is a great change of pace from the more tedious ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't like having to self evaluate myself. People in general tend to put themselves down rather than up and I do that. I think that maybe because I didn't do my very best work that I don't deserve the best grade, which isn't the case. I just don't like judging myself because I think I am going to be wrong. However, it is a good way to know how you are doing and how much you are actually participating and to tell Ms. Fletcher what is going on, if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this blog. I believe that letting the student's take a look at themselves really makes them think and see how they really are as a student. I am a big believer that you have to take some of the part in your own grade to see what the teacher thinks. I think this self - evaluation is very fair for every student. I know for myself I am going to be honest and say what I really think I should get as a grade in this class. Ms. Fletcher created a very interesting and creative way of grading. I like this use of method and cannot wait to keep on using it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.