Thursday, October 31, 2013

Feedback

Yesterday when we were told we had to turn in our final personal statements, I felt very stressed and confused not knowing what to write for my final statement. Ms. Fletcher made it very clear on what had to be done, but I still felt confused. When I sat down at home and looked at my personal statement drafts, I did not know what to change or add. I felt like my personal statements were as good as they could be, since nobody commented on it. I feel like we should invest more time into giving feedback. It is very beneficial to all of us and I think it would release a lot of stress, knowing what to put and if our statement was adequate. Hopefully later on in the year we can take time and work on feedback.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with Dakota, I did not get much feedback on my personal statements so I was confused on what to add to my essay. I felt like my drafts were really well written and I felt like it did not need much change to it. My mom proofread my work instead and found some errors that were on my paper so she helped me out a lot. I think Dakota's personal statement was very well written and I enjoyed reading hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this Dakota so much because she is the one that gave me great feedback on my personal statement! I believe that feedback from another peer or teacher gives you confidence about turning your writing in. Reason being is because that means there are two eyes on the paper scanning to look for any errors or things that can be changed. Also its great to get someone else's point of view on a paper because they can spot things that you wouldn't see if you read it 100 times! Overall i just agree with Dakota because i feel that visual feedback will improve the class's writing as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes dakota i agree with you. It is Challenging to revise my essays for my final draft; however for my second draft i got helpful feedback and it was so much easier to create my final draft. Therefore, i do believe feedback is great help. We should all take the time to give good and helpful feedback on someone else's paper.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.