Is it just me or am I not alone in this interminable cycle of un-productivity. I get home and become subjected into this state of sluggishness where I take my time to do what needs to be done. I don't know whether it is due to the fact that it is senior year, or that I have so much to do that my brain is on overdrive and gave out. College apps, personal statements, math homework, chemistry test, English vocabulary, SATs, extracurricular activities--- everything is just compacted into a span of three months and I feel so overwhelmed.
Everything seems so crucial to the success of my future. I'm actually terrified at this point in time. I feel like I'm playing Tumble Tower and one small mistake can result in all my hard work crashing and burning.
Hopefully I'm not the only one that is constrained by this apprehension, but reading all the articles in the packet Ms. Fletcher gave us only made me more confused about the current situation.
It's nice to know that I'm not alone! I also have a never-ending to-do list and it seems like no matter how hard I work, it's never enough. All of this stress just piles up higher and higher, and we just don't want to deal with it anymore so we find short escapes away from it, like tumblr or reading, but then the list comes back to haunt us and forces us to do it, and it all just sucks. It's hard to keep up with schoolwork when feeling so stressed out.
ReplyDelete"I get home and become subjected into this state of sluggishness where I take my time to do what needs to be done." That line has got to be the most accurate way to put my situation into words.
ReplyDeleteAll this college talk is all sorts of overwhelming. I find it ironic that I began to slack on my work particularly as I need my built-up work ethic to be put to use. It's a stressful time and I wish everything wasn't so crammed together, but we all got to do what we got to do. I'm no motivational speaker, but it'll all be fine in the end. We all just have to get through it one day at a time, and soon enough, it'll pay off. After all, we've come this far.
I agree with all of you because like Kalei, I too have "a never ending to-do list." And on top of that, I have ROP Health Occupations which is 4 days a week. And everyday, I feel like my brain is about to explode. And sometimes I am so overwhelmed that I sometimes feel like giving up and not go to college. But during times like these, I have to remind myself that soon it'll all be over and like Faith said, "it'll pay off" in the end. Even if I don't get into the school of my dreams, I have to remember that the world isn't over because I can still achieve my goal, which is to become a nurse practitioner, through other pathways: going to community college and transferring or going to CSULB.
ReplyDeleteoh yes im with you on this one too! all this college stuff is becoming so stressful! you're right it seems like all we do instead of getting home and starting our homework we just slack it off and do other things or sometimes do nothing at all! faith is right too, we've come this far so we have to make it worth it!
ReplyDeleteThe statement you made "I get home and become subjected into this state of sluggishness where I take my time to do what needs to be done." is on point. I get home from school and sit and do other things rather than doing my homework or other things that need to be done. I feel like senior year is when you need to focus and get on top of your game, but for most it is the other way around. We all become lazy, stressed, and unmotivated to accomplish those certain tasks. We then add all of the stress of applying to colleges or figuring out what we want to do with our lives. I didn't think it would be as stressful as it is. I wish we could have been more prepared in the previous years compared to now. Everybody says in the end everything will work out for the best and I hope they are telling the truth!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way, it almost seems endless at times. I have a zero period so when I finally get home at around three it feels like the day dragged on endlessly. If staying attentive for hours a day at school was not difficult enough, then completing homework after that is even more of a struggle. Then when I do have something to look forward to like going to see a concert it works out to having to complete my homework beforehand putting even more pressure on me. Anyways, in the end I do get it done, I just work "sluggishly" at times.
ReplyDeleteYou're definitely not alone Duyen. I feel as if I'm completely impotent at times and things seem to get done at a very glacial pace. It is a lack of motivation that causes me to be so "sluggish" at occasions. Some days I just have this huge deprivation of motivation to do anything and I will literally spend minutes, sitting down, wandering into space. No work gets done and it soon bites me in the butt later on. It seems so much easier to just put all this work till tomorrow or someday, but it will just accumulate over time until it falls on top of us. College apps, SAT's, personal statements, school assignments, extracurriculars, it is all so laborious! But like Faith said "we got to do what we got to do." In the end it will all be worth it. Those sleepless nights, the hundreds of hours we spend studying and completing homework assignments, those days at school when we feel like complete zombies, it will all be worth it. Well, we can all hope so.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. I waste so much time at home and sometimes don't even do my homework at all. I have no desire to do anything but sit on the computer or watch tv. Like with college applications, I have barely even started them. I think it might because I am resisting the fact that I am graduating this year. And as I sit her I know I am only making more pressure for myself as the deadline gets closer, but I can not get myself to do anything. And yet, I somehow get everything done. So is it really a horrible thing or are we judging ourselves more harshly than we deserve.
ReplyDelete