Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Procastination
I deal with procastination every single day, not only for school wise but during my daily routine. I procastinate on everything it's ridiculous! It's a horrible habit that i seem to never get rid of. My parents tell me that one day it is going to "bite me in the butt", they insist that i need to get rid of it fast. I've tried but it's just so hard to stop procastinating. Mostly when there's so many things to do and time just seems to be so short. I've procastinated almost all my life but lately procastinating has been tough. There's just so many things that have to be done such as, college applications, homework, chores at home, church class, babysitting, and trying to fit family time in all that. It just gets hard at times and all you want is a break; however, that break turns into another break and another and it all just leaves all this piled work that is crambed into a sleepless night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel as though as teenagers we procrastinate the most because we believe that we can get things done at the last minute. In all reality we , like you said end up with a big pile in front of us that we end up staying up all nit long and even doing work in class just to complete the nessecary task that we are asked to do. We are given week long deadlines that we push off to the corner because we have "time." I've learned that it doesn't better anyone if you just hold things off till the last minute. As you said we as teenagers have a lot, we want to have a social life , good grades and decent amount of sleep, but we are forced to choice between only two and giving up something in order to get things done. We can't ave everything even though we try to balance out our lives. Don't get to caught up in the everyday task Carla, take a deep breathe and don't push things off because before you know it you pushed it off way to long and you miss out on your chances.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Vannessa, I believe a lot of people procrastinate. I procrastinate, but I dont procrastinate to the extreme like some teenagers. I rarely procrastinate when it comes to school involving a project, or a test. I actually procrastinate on things like driving. When there is something that I need to go to I am always late because I will wake up late or get dressed too late and I end up being late to everything. Lately, I have been on time to things, but when I first started driving it was all bad.
ReplyDeleteIt always seems that longer term due dates are blatantly ignored and the assignment is pushed off to the night before. I personally tend to do this and end up cramming an unnecessarily large amount of homework into one night, which, easily could have been avoided. Last year I did this very often with my Anatomy class to where I would do almost an entire project in a night, which I could have worked on for the previous week or two. I also realize this is not a good practice and needs to be corrected, but it has become a very bad habit.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Vanessa about us teenagers thinking we can get things done so easily at the last minute. But as teenagers I feel like procrastination is bound to happen. As a child we were so used to having to do our work to go play so we never even thought about procrastinating. Now that we are teenagers and almost adults and we are able to make our OWN decisions, procrastination starts to creep on us badly. We begin to put stuff to the side and say we will do it later just to do something less important. This is just a part of growing up and i feel like it happens in our teen years to teach us a lesson and not procrastinate in college or while being an adult because there are bigger consequences that can hurt us in the long run.
ReplyDeleteIf there is anyone who wins the title for the biggest procrastinator it will definitely have my name all over it. I'm even waiting until the last moment to comment on these last couple blogs.
ReplyDeleteCont.
ReplyDeleteif I don't have a set date on when something needs to be done I'll never get it done. I'm usually that person that stays up late until I finish my homework because I didn't feel like doing it earlier. I hate that I do this and I always tell myself not to do that ever again but it never works. It's scary though because when I get into college I can't procrastinate or I will never pass any if my classes. I think a lot of teenagers struggle with procrastination because all of us are just lazy. We rather go to the movies and then stay up all night finishing our projects.