Monday, December 16, 2013
A change of heart about animals
After reading and annotating the article 'A change of Heart about Animals' by Jeremy Rifkin it has me thinking more about how animals really do have feelings like us humans and how they are more like us than we thought. In this article Rifkin talked about how two crows strategized a way to get food with just a hook and a straight wire from inside a tube, I don't know about you guys but I was pretty amazed that two crows could figure that out on their own. I was also amazed by the gorilla he talked about that was taught sign language and mastered it and also scored between 70 and 95 on a human IQ test. I have tried to learn a little bit of sign language myself and it's hard, so for a gorilla to know over a 1,000 signs is crazy to me. By reading this article I've learned a lot of new things about animals that I didn't know before, they are really capable of doing most of the things that we do they just may take a little longer learning how to do them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.