Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's All About the Money

So I know were getting closer to break. We're being told to blog and to blog and to blog. Personally I would never blog if I didn't have to. My point is that I don't see what blogging helps us with. I don't see the point of any of the homework given to me from my Spanish class, Economic class, or government class. Honestly at the point I'm at in my life, my life out of school doesn't care about my life in school. My whole life revolves around trying to find work. Just trying to make enough money to help my parents out. When I have enough free time in the weekend to do homework and other crap I really don't think to do it. All I'm doing is trying to find where the money is at. I do care for college and would like to attend a university but I'm just trying to do enough to get by senior year. I don't want to be copying vocab words and coloring thinking maps my senior year. How old are we? I'm already checked out.

2 comments:

  1. Erick,
    We're all going through some tough times, especially with the wacko government and economy (which I will pretend to know about). I sometimes think that I'm the only person in the whole school who just can't seem to do her schoolwork because of her life at home, but then I remember there are you guys that actually have to work at such a young age. It's hard to take care of your family and have a successful high school "career," but it seems like the world doesn't care about whatever our individual situations are- we're just robots to keep the world going.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is this year is going to be one of the most frustrating years in our lives, and also that universities do care about us and hope for us to be successful. That's why there are personal statements- to be able to pour out your troubles and obstacles, show them all that you're more than a face in the crowd; that is your chance to let them hear you voice when you shout it out loud. It's your life. If given the chance, we could do anything!

    "All I need's a second chance, a second thought, a second glance to prove
    I got whatever it takes
    (It's a piece of cake) To stand out
    Above the crowd even if I gotta shout out loud
    Till mine is the only face you see,
    I'm gonna stand out till you notice me"

    This won't sound new to you, but just try to get through this year.

    Remember, "Don't let numbers tell you what to do. You are Blood and Earth, not Theory and Chalk."

    I feel like I went over board with this with all of my song references and quotes, but I hope I got my point across. I don't know the meaning of concise.

    Just keep swimming~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erick,
    I know what you mean, when saying that there is no point to do must of the things that we do in high school. I do concentrate on helping my mom through these tough times that we all go through. Although I do not have a job or any sense of income, I always try to avoid asking my mom for money, so she can use her money wisely. I too have a struggle of looking for a way to earn money. I used to sell candy but got me nowhere and I have also contemplated “slanging” but I want to have a successful future and those options would lead me down the wrong path. Anyway, back to the school topic, I always get frustrated in school learning about things that are very irrelevant to life albeit some topics may apply we just do not recognize it. For example, I do not have high expectations for myself so I’ll probably end up with crappy job. Anyway, I’m pretty sure I’m not going to use ethos, pathos, or logos at my crappy job (no offense Ms. Fletcher, I enjoy your lessons and methods) or use sine or cosine functions in life.
    The thing to remember is being negative will lead you nowhere in life and life is too short to be pissed off all the time. You have to keep an open mind and look at the bright side sometimes like how we’re going to school for free and the positive effects of actually learning something for free. I think our free education is grand, so instead of trying to get through senior year, try to make the best of it. You only get one senior year of high school (unless you’re Hindu and you get reincarnated) so have fun this year.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.