Friday, December 13, 2013

Do fish feel pain?

Do fish feel pain? In the article, "Hooked on A Myth", the author states that fish do feel pain just like any other animal so what the author is saying because all animals are equally made and all animals should be treated the same or just like human. I agree with this statement because it is only fair that we give every mammal the same treatment. It isn't fair to the fish because they already have a shorter span of life, therefore they should at least be treated a bit better then how they are already being treated. The pain that they feel might not be as bad as ours but they are still feeling pain, which no mammal is happy about feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Michael.
    I believe that fish feel pain just as well as any other animal or living thing does. I simply think it's ridiculous to take precautions to ensure the comfort of fish that are going to die for our food. It sounds harsh, but they are only in pain for a brief moment. However, Braithwaite does make me wonder why we don't see some animals the way we would dogs, birds, or apes. Why are they considered "higher animals?" Just because they live on land and seem to express themselves better than the fish or clam can doesn't make them any lesser than the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I just want to say I personally feel that It doesn't really matter what anyone says because there is no way to stop everyone around the world from fishing. Their is mistreatment everywhere even in humans so we just have to accept it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.