Sunday, December 8, 2013

Where should we draw the line?


Where should we draw the line in doing research and experimentations on animals? I disagree with Ed Yong, because I don’t think that we should stop doing experiments on animals because what would we experiment on? I agree with De Waal that we should continue to do animal experimentations, but I don’t think that it should be noninvasive because we won’t be able to make advancements in the medical field and find cures if we don’t experiment on animals. However, I don’t think that we should be testing make-up or anything like that on them. I think that we should only do experiments that will help scientists find a cure or will make a positive difference in human medicine.

6 comments:

  1. I could not have said it better myself Kaylin. I believe that we should keep on testing on animals for scientific research. We should not however, continue to do cruel experiments on animals that are not for the better of humanity. Testing make up on animals is cruel, testing vaccines and cures on animals is cruel but it has a potential to save thousands if not millions of human lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! human lives are more important than animals; therefore we need to do everything we can to survive. Remember when we did animal research in Anatomy last year? One of the things i learned is that animals themselves also benefit from animal research, humans are not the only ones gaining from it. Their lifespan and healthcare are also improving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in agreement with you and disagreement. I am stuck between the two! I believe that we should have animal testing because we have had many beneficial outcomes, but I don't really like the way animals are being tested. I hate the fact of killing something, whether it is a rat or a snail. I believe all feel pain and it breaks my heart knowing we are putting one through pain for our benefit. It is a catch 22 and I am stuck on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Animal testing has led to many advancements in the medical field, so, I agree it is necessary. Only, however, if it is for a just purpose, such as a cure for cancer. Testing perfumes and shampoos or various other unnecessary products that could do harm to the test subjects is unnecessary. Other than that, I say continue the testing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually the experiments on animals benefit us. Usually we run test on animals for our safety, but what about the animals? Animals are sometimes killed during these experiments. Products such as shampoo, soap, and perfumes may harm animals as well. Im not for it or against it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you when you say that we shouldn't do testing on animals with make-up and things like that. I remember doing research on animal testing and there was an article about how people use rats to test cigarette smoking. They would strap masks on the rats faces and have a tube that connected to the mask that forced the rats to inhale the smoke. I do not think it is right to do that kind of testing on animals because it is just too cruel.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.