One of the big discussions in our class recently is if animals deserve rights or not. This discussion has been very interesting. I believe the animals do deserve to have rights. They do not speak, or seem to have the emotions that we have, but they do. In the story "Hooked on a Myth" the writer explains how the fish feel the pain as the hook is attached to their jaws. When something bad happens to a fish involving pain, their gills beat faster, lose interest in food, and they have problems making decisions.
Taking advantage of animals is something that we should not do and is extremely cruel. I agree that creatures that feel pain should have their moral status. Animals go through times of sadness, lonliness, and even depression. The studies on pigs show that they crave affection, and they are easily depressed if they lack playtime with one another. Last year I was asked the same question whether or not animals deserve rights, and I did not think they should because I ignored the fact that they have the same emotions we do. I thought they should be tested because they help humans out with sicknesses. A year later, I know they feel the pain and emotions that we go through and I would not want anybody or any animal to have to go through that. I think the animal testing needs to come to a stop quickly and show the animals the respect that they deserve. We also need to show them the love that they deserve as well.
I agree with you. Animals do feel pain and emotion. They deserve rights and love from humans. We could not survive and make it this far without them; however, I disagree that animal experimentation must stop. Animal research must continue in order for humans to develop medicines not only for mankind but also for animals. Animals are the best test subject in experiments because they have similar internal body structure and they can react to medicines like humans.
ReplyDeleteI agree with everything that you are saying. Animals do feel pain and just because people think that their lives are valued less than ours gives nobody the right to do test on them for our benefit. The animals that scientist do test on probably feel neglected and no body or animal should ever feel that way. So we do need to stop testing on animals and everyone should spread the word that animals do have feelings and that we should not take advantage of them.
ReplyDelete